Tuesday, September 9, 2008

After risk, there is gamble


Today I am writing from sunny Las Vegas Nevada. I am here on vacation. Obviously when one thinks of Las Vegas, one thinks of gambling, shows, and entertainment. I am truly trying to just relax, and stop thinking about work, but if your are like me, a young entrepreneur, you just cant stop!!!

Every time I go to my hotels lobby, I see hundreds of people playing poker, or the slot machines, and spending hours gambling. This got me thinking how I am a natural risk taker, but most of the times, I do have to gamble. I have to go all in on my ideas, or my strategies. It is tough when a competitor has a better hand than you and takes all of your profits, but it is always GREAT, when you double your money in a lucky deal.

With business though, its really 70% sweat and 30% luck, but we really do strive to get lucky, meet the right people and find that right niche.

To all my entrepreneur friends, you cant win, if you don't play.

Please write me with any questions you may have, be it personal or regarding business.

Thank You

No comments: